The Top 10 Accounting Firms in the San Francisco Bay Area for Digital Risk and Reputation
Pryme Group analyzed the digital footprint of 25 mid-sized* accounting firms in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We then ranked the firms by their Pryme Score, a number (out of 100) that measures a company’s digital and social media risks and online reputation. The higher the score, the better the firm has performed.
Congratulations to Grant Thornton LLP for making the top of the Inaugural 2019 Pryme Elite list with a score of 80. The firm has a strong online presence, with a clean website and multiple, active social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Slideshare, Instagram and YouTube.
Check out more information on our Pryme Score methodology.
The Pryme Elite list recognizes and ranks regulated firms that are are successfully engaging with clients online while simultaneously managing their digital risks and reputation.
Here are the Top 10 Accounting Firms in the Inaugural 2019 Pryme Elite list:
2019 Pryme Elite – Ranked by Pryme Score
Top 10 Mid-sized* San Francisco Bay Area Accounting Firms
|Rank||Company||Bay Area client service professionals**||Bay Area certified public accountants***||# of Employees||Revenue||Pryme Score|
|#1||Grant Thornton LLP||237||not reported||8,625||1.69 B||80|
|#2||RSM US LLP||175||63||12,338||1.85 B||77|
|#3||Sensiba San Filippo LLP||140||80||175||22.1 M||72|
|#4||Eisneramper LLP||54||30||1,690||318.8 M||71|
|#5||Crowe Horwath LLP||92||32||5,468||745.18 M||69|
|#6||Seiler LLP||179||72||246||51.1 M||66|
|#7||BDO USA||313||115||7,580||1.03 B||64|
|#8||CliftonLarsonAllen LLP||43||27||4,469||755 M||62|
|#9||Armanino LLP||396||141||1,155||Not Reported||61|
|#10||Moss Adams||349||186||3,346||Not Reported||60|
* Largest firms by number of client service professionals in local offices (based on the San Francisco Business Times 2018 Book of Lists) excluding the top 4 firms by size: KPMG, Deloitte & Touche, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, and Ernst & Young.
** As of the 1st quarter of 2018. Client service professionals are defined as individuals who provide services to clients, including CPAs and non-CPAs. All other employees are considered “support employees”.
*** As of the 1st quarter of 2018.
A Pryme Score is a leading indicator of a company’s digital and social media risk profile. It’s a benchmark of that company’s risks and vulnerabilities in digital and social media as well as how the company engages with customers.
The firms in this list were assessed based on publicly available information on their public digital footprint including the firm’s website and social media accounts. It does not take information into account that is not publicly accessible in this Pryme Score. The Pryme Score for a company may be adjusted with additional data points.
For the Top 10 Accounting Firms Best of the Bay’s Digital Risk rankings, the top 25 accounting firms by employee size in the San Francisco Bay Area were assessed in September 2018.
Of those, rankings were calculated based on a weighted average of the indicators described below.
We use a proprietary algorithm that examines publicly available information for each company. We look at a number of digital and social media attributes to score each company’s footprint. The attributes are classified into 4 risk categories: Strategic, Compliance, Operational and Reputational Risks.
The score is calculated for each category then weighted and combined to reach the final Pryme Score and ranking for each company.
When calculating a company’s Pryme Score, we ask the following types of questions:
- Has your organization reserved all appropriate company names including trademarks on all relevant social media channels?
- Is your organization utilizing digital data and insights to inform its business and marketing strategies?
- Are your competitors more active and engaged in digital and social media?
- Is your organization in compliance with federal, state and industry laws and regulations applicable to digital communications?
- Are employees engaged in risky behavior on social media?
- Does your organization have risk controls and processes in place for digital communications including digital marketing and social media?
- Are employees trained to recognize cybersecurity threats that could originate in social media?
- Are employees disclosing confidential company information on their personal social media accounts?
- Are your website, social media and other online accounts consistently branded across channels?
- Are C-suite executives and/or board members personally active online including on social media?
- Does your organization receive positive or negative online reviews and ratings?
Our Pryme ScoreSM rates your company’s digital and social media risks and online reputation.
Want to know your Pryme Score?
Contact us now – we’re always happy to have a conversation about your digital and social media needs.